Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Fall Blooms Beginning


Early morning, like 5:30
I walk onto the screen porch
the scent is heavenly
Jasmine
never disappoints

First vine planted 8 years ago
 among the Clematis
and one on trellis by the woods.
Seems through the month's I forget about this one a Fall Poinsettia
the first time I spotted it was 40 years ago in an elderly neighbor's garden (I was so close too)Miss Robbie, she shared many plants with me through the years.
They have traveled with me from home to home over the years.  Noticed a lot of these in the
compost pile and need to bring them closer to my cottage - I thank you and miss you Robbie.
Sedum, have 3 colors and takes year to become this size

A new mum
Notice Fall purple Aster is beginning to bloom, so showy by mailbox, along the drive
and several among other plants.   Every Spring I dig up a portion and plant it somewhere else.
Have seen this plant in yellow and may try to find online....

4 comments:

Pienosole said...

I love the smell of jasmine! Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos of your garden. :-) Wishing you a wonderful evening.

Marcie said...

Jasmine is my favorite fragrance! Wish it would grow here, but we are a bit too far north for much success with that! Your new mum is very adorable. I like to get a new one each year, when possible, but try to find something very different from those I already have. Still looking this year!

My Journey To Mindfulness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Pienosole, I love it also and Marcie this mum is my new one
hoping when I plant it comes back next year - some do and some do not.