Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, July 24, 2017

Happiness is

Happiness is opening the big box and finding a color you love and taking cushions to screen porch
take off the old torn ones that I have been covering with a sheet
and find they fit perfectly and look beautiful...

So pleased with new cushions for 50 year old Meadow Craft chair.
I contacted them many times for sale on these cushions and always so expensive, like $200 or more.
No way.

Amazon had the set for $79.   In the past the cushions had been recovered, to do this again and cannot find anyone would be much more then this.   I just kept covering them with material :)

The chair and sofa on screen porches of homes of the past for over 60 years.   Meadow Craft furniture is wonderful, heavy iron pieces
and could not and would not  buy at this time
but wanted new cushions on the quality iron frames.

May buy for sofa, cushions fine but if matched the chair I would feel like I had new
furniture.



5 comments:

Tabor said...

I do like a sale on something that I need and that fits when it arrives. YOu have a lovely porch!

MsGraysra said...

They are beautiful. Isn't it lovely how a simple change like that can perk up a spot!

I love your porch, too, and would love to just come over for a bit and have a visit!

Enjoy.

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Tabor and Marcia, thank you...

Wisewebwoman said...

I love the colours. I bought new underwear today and feel the same as you do about the chairs.

XO
WWW

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

WWW, You make me smile
this early morning..
Take care
wish you lived near :)