Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Summer Weather

Unusual weather for end of October.
It has been over 80 degrees for over a week.
End of week prediction of rain and cooler and hoping so.

Fall  color is just beginning in my woods.


A year ago a friend shared 3 Iris bulbs,  each a different color that bloom several times a year
and this is the first with a second bloom in almost November. Three more big buds to open soon.
Time for second meal
and do not feel like eating anything.   While herbs are still hardy
thinking of tomato basil soup with a toasted cheese sandwich with a side
of some black bean chips I discovered and spinach artichoke dip.

Hearty breakfast with an addition of Bok Choy and Portobello Mushrooms to my
scrambled egg and slice of bacon.
Wish my arthritis did not cause such pain and difficulty in walking at this moment.
But then up 8 hours
but need to keep moving and hopefully never fall again.

6 comments:

Kay said...

Mmmmm... I love bok choy. That's very unusual weather for fall. We're getting some cooler weather here in Hawaii.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Such a beautiful woods!

Here we had warmth also. But cooler and rainy has set in. With the falling barometer, comes the random aches and pains. :-) Older people don't need a Weather Man, it seems.

Yes, we need to keep moving!!! I wish you well with it, and with never falling again. I've had my "spills" and try to be very, very careful, now.

But as long as we can keep moving, it is quite wonderful, I think. :-)

Late Autumn blessings,
Luna Crone

Tabor said...

I made chicken noodle soup and used two our bok choy from the garden along with some leftover portabello mushrooms that were in the fridge. Cleaning out the pantry this time of year. I need to keep moving!!!

Judy said...

You are doing everything right! Eating healthy and moving around.
I am not doing as well at this, as you are!

Summer said...

Nice meal☺Hugs♥

Beside a babbling brook... said...

November 2, 2016

I see you have a lovely new Header picture!!!

Luna Crone