Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, August 5, 2016

Something New

1:30 meal today
noticed at the market the other day and bought frozen.

Kale Burger, topped with cheese, lettuce and tomato.

Ordered these NEW Clif bars
and so tasty and less sugar, more protein and fiber then my 2 a day Ensures.  Also
more calories - which I need.

So many protein bars are crunchy and I like this one since it is soft.


I believe my baking days may have ended so I ordered a carrot cake from a friend.
She arrived about an hour ago and put in my garage freezer for me.   Want this cake
for Jamie when she arrives for her birthday.

Also want to find out what other cakes she bakes and would like to keep one on hand
in the
freezer for me and when someone stops by to have with tea or coffee.

I heard comments of how beautiful my garden looked, know
they did not see all of the weeds :)

Raining at the moment and the ground surrounding this cottage is saturated.

6 comments:

Pienosole said...

Wish I lived closer and could make you some baked goods. I used to bake regularly, but since not being able to eat them myself, I haven't baked in a few years, and miss it.

Wisewebwoman said...

Love the idea of a kale burger. Glad you eat healthily. I haven't been, the tourist-guests suck all my cooking energy out of me so the rest of the day I'm grazing. Not good.

XO
WWW

PS love your header.

Rebecca said...

Glad you have found a cake baker! Seems like a wise and wonderful alternative!
Sooooooooo, what is your "take" on the kale burger? Will you be buying them again?
We could certainly use a bit of the rain you've had. Our yard and the corn in the fields look very, VERY thirsty...

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I'd like to know what you think of the kale burgers too. :-)

Need some rain down here, it keeps being predicted, but goes all around us.

Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

Tabor said...

I like the way you are willing to try new things. We also are getting more rain here and glad I do not have to water for a while in the heat.

MsGraysea said...

Hello Ernestine,
I always find the most interesting and inspiring things on your posts. Happy to see you have found some ways to still eat things you love, while cutting back on the prep. Would love to hear how you like the kale burger. The cakes sound great, and how nice to have them delivered to your freezer!
How nice that your gardens are flourishing....

Think of you so often. My life has slowed down a lot, too, but what is asked of me in being a full-time Nana to Teddy, has not. Just do what I can!

The best to you always,
Marcia