Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sunday Evening - Moving Forward

Just ordered
"The Endless Practice of Becoming Who You Were Born To Become"
by Mark Nepo.

Vowed to buy no more books
but read about this early morning and want it...

Bitter cold day
Jamie suppose to arrive and take me to grocery
but snow falling and she does not need to be on the road
so I called my special helper
who arrived at 8:10 and took me to market.
So much needed was purchased, driving home with snow falling,
she brought everything in for me
and put some in freezer and I handled the rest.

What would I do without Lisa :)
I will need her
once a week or more
from now on as this journey continues

1:30 meal of salmon, fresh asparagus and baked potato
and will add left overs of salmon the asparagus to scrambled egg in the morning.

Warming trend arriving
and looking forward to soon sitting on deck in the sunshine.

A little better each day and will be so happy when I am confident enough
to begin driving, maybe next week :)

Pain, guess I am just making friends with it
and talk to it
as it is here to stay.

Thread and needles in storage room and want to see if I can relearn how to crochet as
many years ago made many afghans.

Memories of a cold February morning when my mother, 16 years ago was put into
the cold ground....I had given her a small plaque that had a little woman on her knees
with the caption "It's me again Lord."   She requested that I put this in her casket
before it was closed (she requested a closed casket.)
She loved this little plaque and said it was her as she was always on her knees praying.
A lot for this one when she went through a divorce.   I miss her so much and know
that no love is like a mother's love....

Wish my appetite would return, breakfast is the only meal that I welcome.


5 comments:

Sallysmom said...

I am so glad you have someone to help you. I know it isn't always easy especially with this weather.

Anvilcloud said...

Breakfast is a good meal to enjoy, so enjoy it to the fullest.

kerrdelune said...

So glad you have a special helper there with you, my friend. I wish I could be there to munch salmon and greens with you, to drink tea and share books.

You will LOVE Mark Nepo's book - I have just ordered two other works by him and am hoping they will arrive within a few days.

May there be brighter, warmer days ahead, sunlight on your deck and in your garden. May there be no pain at all.

Pienosole said...

Good Morning. I too enjoy breakfast the most. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the Mark Nepo book, if and when you feel like sharing them. Sending warm, sunny thoughts to you. :-)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I'm so glad you have a helper too. She is priceless to you.

Your new books sounds interesting. I just ordered 5 from Amazon. 4 spiritual and one on needlework.

May you soon be able to drive again. Enjoy your warmer weather.

Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady