Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, December 15, 2014

A Blessing This Early Morning

At dawn they arrive
2 trucks and 4 men.
I thought maybe a pick up truck
owner and helper
and was certainly wrong.

They cleaned gutters, burned huge brush pile,
surrounding cottage lawn and garden has been blown clean,
nailed up my Woodhaven sign that had come loose,
turned over bird bath so it would not freeze and
even took some things out of my car that were to
heavy for me to lift.

I will start having them next Spring to cut grass and mulch.

So many years I have done most of this and no longer am able.

Mornings I still pick up limbs, use blower and tidy all I can
and using a school boy occasionally is just not getting all done.

It was so reasonable and will not post cost.
They were doing so much, so fast I was getting uncomfortable
with what it might cost.

Never have I said this to someone in the past "is that enough"
but that is what I said and he replied yes
and have a Merry Christmas...

They must have been Angels....

11 comments:

Balisha said...

Oh Ernestine....I'm so happy for you. I'm a lot like you and know that this is something that has bothered you. Reading that this wasn't costly makes it even better. Now you can just relax and enjoy your home this winter. Love to hear about Angels this time of year.
Balisha

Pienosole said...

Wonderful news! I'm feeling your excitement, contentment and joy as I read this. I too love hearing about Angels. It's also a reminder for me to notice them (Angels) more :-).

lil red hen said...

Good for you, Ernestine! Sometimes it's so hard to find good, reliable help. Many times I wonder, what will I do if left alone, for I'm much like you ~ some things I just can't do by myself.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, Pienosole and Charlotte,
I have been sad as the 2 last people that said they would help and those of the past - never arrived and the school boy I have to work with him. This was truly a blessing.
I want to stay in this home and a little help will make it possible.
I have to have things orderly, even though a lot done like in the past. Some it would not bother but with some more Angels it is possible.

Wisewebwoman said...

You deserve these angels, I am delighted for you and the cost being so reasonable too. I had the same kind of blessing with the guys who did all that painting and repairing this past summer when I begged them to take more money for all the extras they did voluntarily and they refused.
There are angels.
XO
WWW

Judy said...

THIS IS WONDERFUL!!! I do think Angels sent as an answer to your prayers for help!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

WWW and Judy, I still am smiling :)

Sallysmom said...

So glad it worked out. I know it is a relief to see it all clean.

nancy at good food matters said...

I am happy that these blessings came your way today!

Tabor said...

What a lovely holiday story. So glad for you. Had my water tested for the first time this year just to get a baseline and found that it was pretty expensive. Why I do these things over the holiday season I do not know. Hopefully will have some money in late Jan early FEb for gutter cleaning.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sallys mom, Nancy and Tabor,
thanks for visiting the cold, cloudy and damp woods:)