Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, September 6, 2014

True

We are not the same person
this year as last;
nor are those we love.
It is a happy chance
if we
changing, continue to love
a changed person.

~William Somerset Maugham~

What makes old age hard
to bear is not the failing
of ones facilities, mental
and physical, but the burden
of one's memories

~~William Somerset Maugham~

8 comments:

lil red hen said...

Yes ~ so true. I think the first one could be said of the farmer and me.

Look for cooler weather soon ~ tonight is really cool enough to need long sleeves.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness. What quotes to remember!

Have a good day and upcoming week.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Tabor said...

Unfortunately I disagree with the last quote...both are burdens for me. Hope you survive the rains.

Wisewebwoman said...

Needed the WSM quote so badly.

I am so glad I visited you today.

XO
WWW

Anvilcloud said...

I agree that we constantly change but also that at the same time a part of us remains immutable. We often encounter the notion that old people are set in their ways. Sometimes 'weaknesses' of personality become more entrenched as we age. Not in me or you, of course. :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, Lorraine, Tabor, WWW and A/C - :)

Sallysmom said...

Absolutely true. I am going to copy those.

Judy said...

Hm-mm. Thought provoking, I wish I could write profound words like that.