Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, May 2, 2014

Today and Mystery Solved

I have noticed a tree stump at the side of my home
appearing like something is chewing on it.
Chunks of wood
covering the ground.
Early this morning found out who?
My really big Woodpecker
and could not locate camera fast enough :)
Now sitting by the the side window is my camera and ready to take an image.
Sprinkled sunflower seeds to draw him to this area soon.



A few more twice daily walks for this one down the long gravel drive and
continuing down the country road
 
Blooms soon to cover this Azalea
 
Iris, peonies, roses and many other plants and bushes are full of buds that will
soon open.
 
I am amazed that it is May.   It was just December.
Year is going by so quickly..
In years past this was not noticed to this degree,
is this something else that happens as one ages ?
 

6 comments:

Balisha said...

I think that your woodpecker might be a Pileated Woodpecker. They are really big....how lucky to have one visit.By the mess he left...he must have been very busy.
Glad to hear that you are walking. I'm swimming three times a week...we do need exercise as we age.
I think that time does go faster when you are older. I also find that I am busier doing household and garden things. Maybe because I am slower...I don't know. I never have a boring day.
Have a nice weekend...glad you were out of the storm's way.
Balisha

Tabor said...

I agree with Blisha on the type of woodpecker. They are amazing and much like the extinct Ivory billed woodpecker except for some coloring. If you are busy time flies, so perhaps having nothing to do is not a great as it seems.

Judy said...

Time sure goes by faster now than it ever did before. I have to keep track of the days or I think it is Wednesday when it really might be Thursday or even Friday. Kind of scary in a way.

lil red hen said...

I agree that time seems to be going so much faster. I had so much planned to do last winter, and, puff! it was gone, and now spring is almost half over. Take care!

Lonely Rivers said...

I agree, it was just December! I am loving our few days of sun.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha and Tabor, just call him
the "really big Woodpecker:)"
LR, so good to see you visit :)
Charlotte and Judy, thanks for visiting...