Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Thoughts In The Night

This small bookcase came to mind during the night.
An elderly man made this for me about 40 years ago
as I wanted a small one for my bedroom at the farm house.

It was in the cottage garage with tools on the shelves.
So one morning it was cleaned and brought upstairs
with the help of someone
helping me that day.
Does not appear too heavy - but I struggled helping
to putting it in the loft bedroom area and it is in place.

So many books that belong to my son
and are stored in the storage area.  Many were
placed on the shelves.
My son on his soon trip to the woods
can arrange to his liking.

On his last trip home
he arranged this bookcase.



Avid readers and seems my children
collect books
 and now grandchildren
are beginning this trait.

Also a trunk that I bought for my son probably 50 years
ago was on the loft
and it was brought downstairs and I am using it for a
coffee table in my reading space
A place for more books :)

So organizing continues
and I thought I was all finished..

On a snowy and cold day
this one
watched this being prepared.
A meatloaf that is a little different from my old recipe.

---------     1/2 ground turkey and 1/2 ground beef
shredded carrots and instead of cracker crumbs
or bread - oats.
So this along with her onions and regular seasoning
was good.
Enough left for 2 more meals and I only made 1/2 the recipe.
Along with mashed potatoes and spinach was healthy.

6 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

My bookcases are everywhere. I like to stroke them. They hold books and movies. A sense of security surrounds them.

Meatloaf. Must make soon. You know? I love a slice of cold meatloaf between 2 slices of decadent white bread. Topped with home-made relish. And mayo. We must never forget mayo.

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

So many times
your words are my words and thoughts. Yes, I think my books bring me a sense of security
and have often thought
whey I am dying
surround me with my books :)
Meatloaf - do the same thing with mayo - the good kindand horse radish. Strange I cannot tolerate real hot sauces but love horseradish and put on much :)

Tabor said...

We seem to shed so many things. Even when we are organized these things seem to get together and replicate! But books are like the best of friends and the most interesting of children.

thewiildmagnola said...

Books are people too! Books are friends. Reading is an amazing part of my life too.

Will try the meatloaf recipe. I've prepared chicken meat loaf, but never added hamburger meat.

Hope this find you doing well.

Pienosole said...

Your lunch/dinner is making me hungry. Sounds good, and healthy!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, Sandy and Pienosole,
Spring like day :)
Trip to Lowes
and picked up veggie pizza.
This one is smiling...