Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, November 15, 2013

Peaceful Little Lites

Errand day
post office
market
gas in truck
trash left off
 a visit to our local small store
looking for khaki's for my youngest granddaughter
and was not successful.

But I spotted them these all over the store
A 2 feet bare tree, frosted snow branches with little lights that stay on for 4 hours and then off for 20.
They turn back on automatically.
So - on long dark days and nights
and at this time already dark in this cottage.
These are so welcome in several areas of this cottage
and they were on sale....
Remind me of the battery candles that I use this time of year
and enjoy them so much.

Vying to buy nothing else to sit around,
giving away, minimal Christmas decorating
being done at this time
and here I made a purchase of several of these :)

I like them....

16 comments:

Tabor said...

If you are getting rid of things you no longer use, then something new like this is just what you need for something new and exciting.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, to me
you always say just the right thing :) Just not into big decorating anytime - but like these for all dark, cold and winter months. Like they come on and off automatically. May put one in the window of my bedroom.

Balisha said...

I love this little tree. I bought a twiggy tree with white lights last year and it sits in our breakfast nook year round.
Enjoy!
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, it is brightly shining this dark evening.
Again
I like it...

Judy said...

Oh my--I so love this, and the leaded glass window behind it! This reminds me of the candles I use to put in every window each Christmas--they were electric and all on timers. You could hear the timers click on, one after another and then off. I never could get the timing right so they all came on at once. I too am downsizing on the decorating.

thewiildmagnola said...

lights are charming and this light is so nice. i can be still in front of beautiful lights. I think lights to be homey and cozy.

Lonely Rivers said...

So pretty...both delicate and woodsy. Perfect sparkle for the rooms of Woodhaven. Isn't it wonderful to unexpectedly find something that brings pleasure. Enjoy.

Sharon said...

What a bright spot on a dark evening. I like your new lights:)

Marcie said...

I love the little lights. Beautiful and peaceful.

Sallysmom said...

They are so pretty. I would love to have something like this.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely setting for those lights and I can see where they will make you feel happy during the coming winter months. Enjoy!

FlowerLady

Pienosole said...

Inside lights at this dark time of year in the northern hemisphere make such a positive difference and these are beautiful! Enjoy :-)!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, Sandy, Aisling, LR, Sharon, Pienosole, Lorraine and Sallysmom,
Oh my
so many visits to the woods this morning. It is a misty rain, cold kind of day
Thanks to all of you my special friends for visiting...

lil red hen said...

Pretty little lights ~ hope they come on and brighten up your misty, cold morning.

Freda said...

Such a beautiful idea, I shall be on the lookout online. Blessings from Freda at Dalamory www.freda.org.uk

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte and Freda,
thank you for the visit...