Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Beautiful Colors

Within a matter of days
the colors surrounding this cottage
are spectacular.

At the moment
it is raining, high winds
and hopefully no bad storms throughout the night.
The tall trees are swaying in the wind
and  at times like this
many thoughts surface.


Every window I glance out of
has a pleasing view.


Shorter days
and longer nights have arrived.
Don't forget to turn your clocks back on Saturday night..,.

11 comments:

Lonely Rivers said...

So beautiful! Thank you.

Judy said...

Heavy winds here too--there won't be any leaves left on the trees--they will be residing on my lawn!

Wisewebwoman said...

Lovely views from each window of your house and I love those bottles!!

XO
WWW

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thank you for the lovely glimpses of your colorful woods through your windows.

Happy Autumn ~ FlowerLady

lil red hen said...

Same weather issues here ~ wind, rain, wind. At least the wind blew off a lot of the pecans making it easier for me to gather them. It does seem like the leaves have turned to brilliant colors all at once. Lovely bottles!

Sallysmom said...

Love those colorful leaves.

thewiildmagnola said...

Beautiful home, beautiful leaves.

Have a great day.

Tabor said...

Yes, our trees are also super colorful this year. Leaves are everywhere.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

LR, Judy, WWW, FL, Charlotte,
SM, Sandy and Tabor, thanks for visiting. Leaves everywhere and many limbs down, think I will just look at them for a few days and hopefully a wind will blow away some of the leaves :)

Friko said...

I like this time of year. Even the short days are welcome because I like the long evenings.
You have lovely views from your windows.

Anonymous said...

Ernestine, such glorious color. You are so fortunate to have planted yourself in such beauty! I visited your site a few weeks ago, but for some reason, after several tries, was unable to leave a comment. Hopefully, it will work this evening. I've been thinking about you and so appreciated your commenting on my post week before last on Elderwomen Musings. I'm going to read on!