Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Thought and The Thrift Store and Needle

A thought as the day comes almost to an end...............
Some times I stop the local thrift store.
Cushions on screen porch and deck continually
need to be replaced.
Between the weather and Callie liking them
they soon are thrown away.
My mother a great seamstress
use to continually recover outdoor pillows for me.
I miss her....

Tightening a button on a thrift store find
and what a find
a Ralph Lauren summer skirt in small size for $5
and it probably sold for $75 or up.
I seldom shop at this time for myself
but this quality I will enjoy on hot summer days
here in the country.


Needle in hand and phone rings.
I get up and when I return
where is the needle?
This has happened many times in the past
and I hunt for it with thoughts that I sure do not
need to step on it.

Lucky me
I found it.....


9 comments:

Sallysmom said...

My husband used to have a magnet type thing that he would use when we dropped something like a needle. Maybe, you could find one somewhere.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sallysmom, I have a magnet :)
turning this machine off.
Thank you so much for online
friendship...

Balisha said...

I can just see you in that pretty skirt. What a find!
Have a nice evening.
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, thank you. I would not have bought it in a store. Too much and real showy. But for $5
I was thrilled... Also can be passed on to my girls :)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love finding good deals at the thrift store. Your skirt is lovely.

Have a nice evening and a great day tomorrow.

FlowerLady

Sky said...

love the skirt! lucky you! so many choices to mix and match - lovely with white, pink, deep pink, and dark green knit tops. botanical prints are fun in summer! great idea about the magnet, too!

lil red hen said...

Nice buy! I wore home made clothes so many years it's difficult for me to buy something from a store unless it's jeans and shirts.

Needles? well, I can hardly tell which end has the eye :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lorraine, Sky and Charlotte, thank you for visiting me.
Charlotte, I am in old gardening clothes most of the time.
But sometimes on a very hot afternoon I will put on a skirt and top:)

the wild magnolia said...

I love thrift shopping. You found good things!

I especially like the skirt.