Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, August 16, 2013

Yesterday

Early morning dental appointment in town 30 minutes away.
This wonderful weather continues and in the early morning the
windows and doors are open - love the fresh air.

Noticed  that the Crepe Myrtles are blooming as I drove to town
and they are so beautiful.
I would like a white one
but remember I have vowed not to plant
anything else....

As I head out the country road towards home and
 turn into my gravel drive
the small Crepe Myrtle planted 3 years ago
is beginning to bloom and get some size on it.

Notice the mail carrier is coming down the road
so I get out of car
for him to hand me my mail.

A package has arrived
and can hardly wait to open it as I have been told to expect this item
It is a gift of a wonderful apron.
Just my size and
one with a bib and 2 large pockets
in my favorite color of blue - I love it.....
Have thoughts of saving it and just looking at it
but think I will be wearing it daily and the pockets will be full.
Also a surprise of a book written by this special person.
Thank you - so very much for thinking of me.
These words do not sound like enough to say for something so meaningful to me.
But they come from my heart.....
At the local hardware store
an inexpensive chair in my color
and it was on sale.   Placed it in front and will be a wonderful  place to sit and enjoy the view.
Will have to remember to move it when there is a storm as it is not very heavy.
and might blow away.
and my constant little companion
Miss Callie
is glad I am home.....

12 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Everything is looking nice. Love that apron.

lil red hen said...

Crepe myrtles are always such a joy to have since they bring color to a tiring summer.

Callie is so lucky to have such a good home and companion.

Laura said...

joy in the little things... that is what fills life's pockets:-)

MsGraysea said...

I love that photo of Callie....what a sweetie.
We don't see crepe myrtles here very often so I was happy to enjoy yours this morning. I can see why you would be tempted to plant a white one.
The apron is beautiful, and I do love that type with the pockets. Such a thoughtful gift, too.

Hill Top Post said...

I also love the apron...don't know what I would do without my bibbed one with large pockets. I also like what Laura said, "joy in the little things...that is what fills life's pockets." I think your pockets are always full.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sallysmom, Charlotte, Laura, Marcia and Mary, thank you so much for visiting - this is not a good health day for me - hopefully it is just because rain is predicted.

Tabor said...

This post is certainly one of my favorites. Your photography has become so good!! Thanks for sharing and I wish I got such loving gifts.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, thank you. A compliment from you is so special to me.
I view you an expert in your writing and camera use :)

Wisewebwoman said...

Crepe myrtles and a book and a chair and an apron.

And Callie to top it all off like cream on a cream puff.

Lucky blue you...

XO
WWW

Judy said...

My sister made me an apron like that a couple years ago--I love it. That chair is a beauty!!! and Miss Callie--nice, nice companion for you.

kerrdelune said...

Love the garden, the apron and the chair, and Miss Callie looks so happy to see you.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

www - always you make me smile
with just the right words.
Cate and Judy - you too :)
Vist
anytime...