Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lunch And I'M Not Saving

Hot weather has returned
and quick trip to town this morning with the thoughts the traffic will be bad the next 5 days.
It was really bad already and I thought where are all the people coming from and going.

On the road scenes of tobacco loaded on wagons, hanging in barns,  smoke from the barns and
rolls of hay in surrounding fields.  I enjoy the the country view but so warm
for those working in tobacco at this time.

Could not hardly wait to return home and it was past normal lunch time.
Quickly assembled
Rye bread, fresh mozzarella cheese, avocado, crisp bacon,  my tomato (which will soon be gone)
a little black pepper,  drizzle of olive oil and lettuce - it looked so good and I took a picture :)
Past memories of my grandmother and mother saving special gifts.
I am guilty of this also as I have several beautiful items I rarely wear and need
to wear them daily and not save.   My beautiful apron, a gift and I had thoughts
of saving.    I am not going to as I love wearing it and the big pockets are a plus.
I may be wearing it daily :)

So the day continues with my dental hygienist bringing me 3 dozen ears of corn.
Can remember in the past always putting 12 dozen or more in freezer.
Can no longer handle this amount and cutting off cob, blanching and freezing.
This amount will be plenty for me and if family arrive soon...

9 comments:

lil red hen said...

Yes, the apron was made to be worn by someone who would love it. Glad it fits so well and the pockets are a plus for you. I'm guilty of putting back my new quilts and sleeping under old ones with tattered ends.

the wild magnolia said...

Love your picture! & apron. Love the idea, not to save.

The sandwich looks divine and delicious.

Take care of you.

Sharon Lovejoy said...

LOVE the picture of you photographing yourself in this special apron.

Joys to you,

Sharon

Tabor said...

Yes, we must use those treasure so that they can create other memories. No use sitting in a drawer!!

Hill Top Post said...

The foods you prepare always look wonderfully delicious...a talent of yours, no doubt. The apron is a perfect fit...just wondering about all the things that will end up in those big pockets. lol

Lonely Rivers said...

Oh you look so sassy in your big blue apron!!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte. Sandy, Sharon,
Tabor, Mary and L/R,
as always
thanks for visiting...

Sky said...

i struggle to use some things, too, but it is silly for us to just admire them from afar. good for you! that sandwich looks so wonderful, ernestine! such a nice summer meal and so healthy.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, with the heat
this always is satisfyig
and healthy :)