Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, December 15, 2012

High, Low and Pear Cake

Yesterday morning as day was breaking at 6:30 am
a special friend came by on the way to work
and brought me a cutting of pineapple sage,
put in water in the window and will see if it roots.
I am not familiar with this herb and from
doing research - it needs to be in my garden.
Also a bar of Goats Milk Oatmeal soap and
an orange that I used the zest for my Pear Cake.

Baked a cake,
writing, breakfast, tidy cottage,  washing, clean garage,
clippers in hand I work in garden and
then inside for lunch of egg salad sandwich
and soup.

At lunch  - I crash
Prednisone medication with breakfast
and that may be why
or just going nonstop and age
means this is normal.

Then I realize 4 to 12
is 8 hours.

Have not felt like baking in a while
and must have something sweet in this cottage.

Browsing through a favorite
http://mennonitegirlscancook.ca      December 7th recipe

I found a small pear cake recipe.
Not many recipes out there for a 8 x 8 pan cake
and that is just my size,
 all the ingredients were on hand.
Might add it called for 2 cups of chopped pears
and my can of pears  was small and yielded 1 cup.
But cake is still very  good and moist with this change.
In the future will try with fresh pears....

So simple with a brown butter icing.

So good and ate a piece with my breakfast..


6 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

I love being the age when nobody tells me what to eat for breakfast!

Love your posts, brighten my day!

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

WWW, thank you. Prednesone is medication I am taking with breakfast for medical condition :)

Beverly said...

Hope the prednisone helps you. You sure do a lot for someone who doesn't always feel 100%. You amaze me all the time...

Tabor said...

You are more active than I, I am sure. I need to get as much done. Have a big list in front of me and all I have accomplished is the laundry and mopping kitchen floor.

the wild magnolia said...

A visit with you, is a visit, with a dear friend.

Pear cake for breakfast is divine.

Feel better my friend, prayers.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beverly, Tabor and Sandy,
thanks for visiting. Feel best when I stay busy and like everything orderly :)