Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, November 12, 2012

Radio

A cold rain has arrived
and all blowing of leaves and cleaning
gutters two days ago
should not have been done.
No evidence this early morning of all the hard work
and money wasted for a helper.
Work I can no longer do....
But he called and needed work so will look
at this like I helped someone.

Rarely turn the radio on
but early this rainy morning
I did.
Playing very loud a song I had
not heard in ages.   I use to hear these words over 30 years ago
they went to my heart and I was determined but not smiling.
This morning when I heard them
I smiled and literally laughed out loud.

"I Will Survive"

Yes, I survived and if there is anyone out there who
questions they can.....
Hey - I am proof
it happens.

Life is a learning process
we fall down and get back up,
we learn and grow.
As I look back
my life has been good and
there is so much to be thankful for...

8 comments:

Tabor said...

You are the master of your life and you live it well.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, as always thank you for your comment. Your words are always special to me :)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great post! Hopefully we all do learn from our life's experiences and grow to be better.

I think you are living a lovely, peaceful life.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

FL - thank you :)

Wisewebwoman said...

One of my faves too, it helped me to get to my feet....:)

I bought some tarps today so my helper can put the deck furniture away.

Winter. She's just about here.

XO
WWW

Judy said...

Love that song and also "I Am Woman"--hear me roar!

Beverly said...

I liked that song....it made me feel empowered....

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

WWW, Judy and Beverly, I smile...