Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, November 23, 2012

Missing You

Almost dark as family pulled down
the long gravel drive.

While visiting I made the comment to
youngest granddaughter about her purse.
She smiled and began to empty
telling me about
each item.

She made a remark that keeps coming to mind
and making me smile this early morning
"grandma I like to be organized."

Oh little one
over the years that is your grandma

An avid reader at this early age
spotted her  reading the newspaper.
Time is going so fast
as these memories are made.

A cloudy, some rain and cool day.
Much to do inside....

7 comments:

Judy said...

So much light and noise--then when they leave, it is just too dark and quiet. Glad you had their visit.

Wisewebwoman said...

Beautiful, just beautiful.

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, so right.
WWW, thank you for visiting :)

Hill Top Post said...

I agree with Judy. It is too quiet and dark when they all leave.

mel said...

I know. My son left today.

The beautiful thing? They will come back again.

I hope you have sweet dreams of your lovely holiday.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy and Mel, :)

Beverly said...

We are "in" our grandchildren....that makes me happy. I see my mother every time I look in the mirror, and I am so much my grandmother.....