Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Incense

Incense is something I burn in the late Fall and Winter.
Reminds me of the times I had a wood stove
and  fireplace....

Whenever I post about incense
several notes are sent to me
inquiring about what I use.

I use Tibetan incense made from natural herbs.
More herbal and less perfume.
Do not like a sickly sweet smell.

Might add that I find very few scented candles
appealing to me.

I like the idea of using Tibetan incense
that the monks make.  This is what appeals to me.
When in exile this incense was made.

Burning incense is something I did not do in the past.
Whenever visiting  a shop where it was being used
 usually the sweet aroma did not appeal to me.

About 5 years ago when visiting my son's home
I loved the scent of what he was burning.
Inquired about it, went online and found some

I like the natural Pine and Cedar and also some
scents are said to be healing.   Made from all
natural herbs and hand rolled.   

Also have purchased at Whole Foods when I lived
in the big city but never found it in any other shops.
No longer living in that area and visiting seldom
 it is more convenient for
me to order online.
 

10 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Could you post or email me the online store where you buy your herbal incense? The healing ones sound especially good to me.

Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

Wisewebwoman said...

I use Nag Champa which is made in India and I order it on line but I must try yours.
Though I must say my woodstove gives me so much joy!
XO
WWW

Tabor said...

My smeller is not as good as it used to be so most candles with fragrance are mild. I would like to try herbal scents and will research that.

Judy said...

Could you e-mail the web address? I so love the smell of cedar--pine too. And I used to burn incense a lot--couldn't when Fred was here as nothing aromatic (candles, etc.) were allowed because of his COPD. thanks.

Lynn said...

As a rule I light unscented candles and incense every evening year round. Natural scents are my favorite too. Enjoy!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

FL, WWW, Judy and Tabor, I sent you the email. Hesitated putting it on my journal. I like what I have ordered from them
Lynn, I burn unscented candles every evening also :)

Friko said...

I burn incense too, the Indian kind, which a friend brings me back from her annual pilgrimages.

It’s rather char-coally and a little dry. I love the smell it leaves behind for a long time afterwards.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Friko, thank you for visiting :)

Sky said...

would you put a link to the store where you order so we can click and browse? thnx.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, sent you an email. Just hesitated putting link on my journal.