Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

New York Here I Come

Bird feeders have been filled, Callie fed,  terrace and walk blown off with blower, long gravel walk and pulling weeds out of drive as I go, car pulled out and windows wiped off.   A busy day is unfolding and I wonder why did I check to see if  one of my granddaughter's  in New York had a current entry.
Here it is http://serotoninforbreakfast.com/
After reading it
I yearn for the type of food she describes
and this shake
is to die for.

Need to get off of computer
as yoga is calling,
breakfast and errands.

Is this retirement for this
3 score and 10,
One Woman
I wonder....

10 comments:

Beverly said...

I thought you were really going to New York! Rained here some last night, temps 100 today, so will have a nice steam bath later! Stay cool!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Hot here again also. The green will not last long.
Would love to go to N.Y.
go with me :)

Lynn said...

Drat, I already had my bags packed to stowaway. Have a wonderful day.

Tabor said...

I wish I lived closer as we could plan a NY trip together. Although we would have to wait for fall. It must be horribly hot there now.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, this is a dream - who knows - but sure would like to visit some of the eating places my granddaughter shares about.
Lynn, :)

Balisha said...

I thought you were going to New York too.
I just visited your grand daughter's blog and found some very interesting recipes. I would have to shop a bit to make these..I'd like to find a restaurant that serves this food.
I really think that it's a healthy lifestyle.
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, I love Sarah's food.
Like you - most of her ingredients are not in my pantry. She has accumlated in her pantry what she needs with this lifestyle. Wish there was something near me with this kind of food. I would be there frequently :)

Sharon said...

Oh, I wish I had ice cream to make a delicious coffee shake! Have a wonderful day ~

Sky said...

you and Jamie should plan a long weekend NYC get away! you would love it! early spring or late fall are ideal.

lil red hen said...

I'm also three score and ten ~ plus! I see no chance of retirement from the farm work yet. During this hot weather we try to do our work early in the mornings, then feed the cattle after sundown. I'm also wondering what will the winter be like.