Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, July 2, 2012

The Color Orange

I read a post this morning that reminded me of the color Orange.
Strange how our taste changes over the years.   This post reminded me that years ago
this was a favorite color.  The father of my children always said this was my best color.
He would buy me anything in this color if he spotted it.   Our business at that time had
a number of trucks and they were all orange.

It has been a long time since I seek out this color.   At this time I like anything in shades
of green and also pastel colors of purple and blue.   These are the colors I now like for my
garden.

Wonder why orange is no longer a color I am attracted to?    But then I can think of
many ways that I have changed in my lifetime.

Do have a few Orange plants and this Daylillie is one of the late bloomers that has just
rewarded me with some color in this garden that is slowly fading with the heat....

Just remembered I have one Orange sweater that I wear in the Fall.

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Ah, orange. When we first started to plant perennial flowers in these woods I imagined little nooks tucked back in small clearings filled with white blossoms. An all white garden dream that did not come true. As the property developed it led it’s own way. After Ivan -- I wanted rebirth when my first purchase days after the storm was a pot of colorful rusty orange mums for the porch. Visitors stopped by to view the destruction, scoffed at my purchase, paused and asked where I got them. I wanted Monet. I got Van Gogh. I love it.

Sharon said...

I love orange flowers, but I don't often wear orange. The orange day lilies are as common as dandelions up here ~ they will grow anywhere and brighten every place they bloom.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lynn and Sharon, thank you for visiting :) Your friendship means more then you know...

Hill Top Post said...

Beautiful lily! And you do look stunning in the orange sweater! I do like a bit of orange, but like it mixed with other colors. And, really, I don't think I live so far from you... just a little farther west in the Ozarks.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mary, thank you :) My walking path is through the woods - but not at the present with the heat...

Sky said...

Looks like you have a beautiful Tiger lily! Did you plant these are did they show up wild (which they can do!) In some places they grow wild along the sides of the road.

I suspect with your complexion and dark hair you can wear almost any color and look fabulous! Teal blue was always "my color" according to my mom. But I like all colors - vibrant and pastel!

Hope you have a great 4th of July week. I will be delayed in my reading during the week but will catch up later.
Hugs.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, I have brought a section of this plant from home to home. It is blooming beautifully but all the leaves at the bottom are yellow - like many of the plants.
Thank you for the compliment...