Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Calleda Hyacinth Bean Plant


Original post written about this plant 4 years ago,
exact date 8/5/2008.  I planned on reposting and could
not figure out how to do it and add to the post.

One of the few plants that are in full bloom at this time
and bugs or disease has not attacked.

It does not come back up on its own and you have to
save the puple pods that form, let them dry and the following
Spring plant the seeds in the pod.    I did this and planted them in
several locations throughout my gardens.  
One plant came up and wonder about the others?
This is a late bloomer and that is nice since most of garden
has finished blooming.

Remember gathering the seeds from a neighbors plant
and when I moved to the big city I planted them.
They were beautiful and did not know the name.

Tabor, who has followed me from the beginning of my
sharing responded with the name of this plant
 and I always think of her when this
plant begins to bloom.

I will be gathering the seeds in the near future and
guarding them as I want to try several other locations.
By my deck  as the hollyhocks are not doing well
in that location....

Image  taken a few minutes ago at this country home.
The hummingbirds really like this plant.  

Oh, see how dry the corn is ?

5 comments:

Judy said...

Crops are failing all over the this earth--it seems like we are going to burn up any minute. Kind of scary.

Hill Top Post said...

I found your wonderful blog through Lil' Red Hen and am enjoying it so much. I have almost finished 2008 and can't wait to read on.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mary, thank you, Judy, I agree
both, thanks for visiting.

Lynn said...

Calleda Hyacinth is beautiful, Ernestine. Definitely worth the trouble to find it's best home.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lynn, thank you. With the heat I hope the plant forms some purple pods...