Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, June 30, 2012

New Viewing

I rearranged some of the screen porch furniture.
Put the old kitchen table in front of screen
where I have a good view of the garden
and birdfeeders.   Could sit here and have
my tea or some meals, with the overhead fan whirling
and see if there is anything special I want
to take an image of....

Not gone from an area of the terrace but about an hour
and when returning - look what I spotted.
So, more aware then ever that something may be resting
among my plants.


Our life is shaped by our minds;  we become what we think.
Suffering follows an evil thought as the wheels of a cart
follow the oxen that draw it.                                           

Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think.
Joy follows a pure  thought like a shadow that never leaves.
~~~Eknath Easwaran~~~

8 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely place to sit and enjoy your gardens.

The snake skin is neat, even though I do NOT like snakes. I've seen them around through the years.

Have a wonderful weekend ~ FlowerLady

Tabor said...

I have a small turtle that tucks in under my hosta leaves in this heat. I hope that he is ok because he has not moved for the entire day.

Lynn said...

Absolutely love your table in front of the window. It will be wonderful to study and meditate there overlooking your changing garden view.

“Our ideas must be as broad as Nature if they are to interpret Nature.” - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1859-1930)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

FlowerLady, Tabor and Lynn, thanks for visiting...

lil red hen said...

Wonderful place to take refuge from the heat! Perhaps this is the skin of a king snake who will help keep bad critters away.

Sky said...

hearing it is really hot your way. even the snake wanted to free himself of extra layers! hahha

great idea for your view - nothing like having the outside come inside for a comfortable union!

stay cool and camera ready!

nancy at good food matters said...

love seeing the view from your window. take care and stay cool in this intense heat. Nancy

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, thanks for visitn.
Sky, I thought the same thing.
Nancy, I am so honored you made a visit. I think just as hot in Nashville, that is what my daughter's have passed on. Think it is cooler here by the woods - but not so :)