Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, May 4, 2012

A Late In Life Gift and The Snake

She cares for her husband 24 hours a day.
Has round the clock help, nurses and special therapy people that come and go.
My phone rings early every morning
and I share my day.
This special one knows more of my coming and going then my children.

A rare visit was made yesterday morning.
Not a long visit but time to view my flowers and the
beginning of my small vegetable garden.

I shared some of my special bread with her that she had been wanting to try.
Also the way I made my fruit tea as she had never been able to quite get it right.
Along with some cherry tomato plants that have come up in abundance in the garden.

She reminds me of my special grandmother who was always bragging on me.

She is such a gift as I lead a simple lifestyle of nature and solitude in these 3 score and 10 years.

A snake was spotted at the edge of cottage in some flowers - immediately she
told me it needed to be killed.
I told her I could not kill it as this was his and all the other wild life's home - I feel
as though I have invaded their territory.

Hopefully when someone visits they can tell me what kind of snake it is.
If maybe harmful to me or family - they can take it to another location....

9 comments:

Tabor said...

99% of snakes are not harmful and almost all of them want to avoid you as much as them. They eat your mice, moles and baby rabbits/squirrels and birds and frogs and bugs, etc. They do their job to keep the yard in balance. Next time get a picture if you can. Love that you have such a special friendship. That is worth GOLD.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

How wonderful that you have someone you have this loving relationship with. A treasure!

Snakes I can live without even if they are the harmless ones. :-)

Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, I agree. In the past I would have been terrified. Now I just glance at it and go about my business as it rests in the sun :)
This friendship came about 10 years ago in a different way. Will share sometime. Lorene is a dear and treats me like a sister or her child. She really has loved me and been better to me then anyone but my grandmother...

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

FloweLady, thank you - read my comment to Tabor...

MsGraysea said...

A beautiful friendship and lovely picture. Such a perfect day reflected in your words!
I love your respect for all of nature's creatures.

the wild magnolia said...

I am so happy to know you have a special friend, this Life Gift....no so much the snake.

Happy weekend.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Marcia and Sandy, thanks for visiting....

mel said...

True and deep connection - there's nothing better.

What a lovely way to spend your time.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mel, thank you for visiting.