Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Evening Garden Walk

Look at this new beauty
a 5 minute shower
left rain drops on the Iris

Local nursery has the most beautiful flowers.
But then to me they are all beautiful.
Could not resist this Wave Petunia
Hung it on my old barn wood sign
For years I have wanted poppies
in my garden.   The seeds never came up.
I have 4 plants that have emerged from my seeds.
Guarding them and hopefully Callie stays on the stepping stones
and does not run through garden and destroy them.

And last my Coral Bells just keep blooming and blooming.  I have taken pieces of this
plant to 5 different  homes and shared it many times.     Never disappoints me.

All night lightning filled the sky and the soft rain fell.   Needed the rain and all in garden
will now grow at a rapid pace.

A night of restfulness and dreaming.   When will I learn to pace myself?   Have gone at a
fierce pace in the garden over the last several days.

My garden grows slowly and I must learn from the nature that surrounds me....

 I must wear gloves.   Like the feel of the dirt in
my hands - now I wonder can I get my nails clean.  
Don't care if I do......

9 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

The wave petunias are gorgeous! I love that color. Beautiful. Try to get some rest today!

MsGraysea said...

So beautiful....the iris is a glorious color. Coral bells have always been a favorite of mine and it is nice how well they multiply.
In my gardening history, poppies have really spread like wildfire and need to be thinned out often, yours looks healthy so far, so I hope Callie does stay on the path. LOL.
I can't stop fiddling in the garden, either. We are making a huge effort to put in more very low maintenance plants like hostas and succulents. Not being there during the week, no watering gets done, so we need independent plants!
Happy day to you....

Balisha said...

I love the wave petunias you chose. They look perfect hanging near that sign.
My poppies were the big orange ones...they grew like wildfire. I tried a pale pink one, but it never spread. I haven't any poppies here.....just the little annual Shirley poppies that come up once in a while in the woods.
Beautiful post....now try to rest:)
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

My Jamie, Marsha, and Pat, thank you for the time of visiting.
Compyuter off now for most of day :)

the wild magnolia said...

hah! you are such fun. the flowers are dreamy, as for poppies, me too, and now yours are begun. i am as excited as you.

cora bells are new to me. delicate beauty.

wander in a rest a bit, put your feet up, read or take a short nappie.

thank you a million times for the turnip green recipe, i updated my post with your addition. i knew i was missing something. i just never paid attention to how my Mom and Aunt M.J. cooked turnips.

((hugs))

mermaid said...

You are learning from Nature around you. You're planting it, growing it, cooking with it, and always appreciating her beauty.

I think we all need to learn how to slow down, but we need to balance this with being human and getting things done.

lil red hen said...

A wonderful place to hang the petunias! They're such a happy plant aren't they. I have a few oriental poppies, bright red-orange. The seeds are abundant and will come up, but conditions have to be just right for them to survive. This spring I have planted CA poppies; not many seeds in bought packages so I like to save my own. Gloves bother me!

Sky said...

lovely goodies in your woods! i love your petunia basket! hope you got some rest, but i doubt it. you are stubborn! ;)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Kaveri, thank you.
Charlotte, oh I would like an abundance of poppies. I like to save my seeds also.
Sky, you know me well.
Sandy, thank you....