Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chef plus Master Farmer and Stuffed Green Peppers

Just finished reading the new issue of  Country Gardens magazine.
An interesting  article on farm fresh food.

The Capitol Grill at the  The Hermitage Hotel in Nashville has one of the best chefs in the United States according to Gourmet magazine.

Have such fond memories of visiting this restaurant about 13 years ago with part of my family.  It was a treat that my son gave to each us.

What was so interesting to me is Tyler Brown who is the chef, grows many of the vegetables he prepares on some land about 5 miles from the hotel.

Glen Leven Farm which is part of a trust had some idle land and that is where he grows his vegetables.

It would be a treat to once again enjoy a meal at this upscale hotel in Nashville.    Also would like to find the exact location of Glen Leven.

Very hot here at the edge of the woods.    Another 90 plus degree day expected.   I cannot work outside past 10:30.

Some green peppers I spotted at the market several days ago brought back memories of stuffed peppers that I use to make many years ago.   So just finished a tasty lunch of the peppers prepared with ground beef, brown rice, onions and tomato sauce that had been simmered until done and then put in green peppers.   An addition of a little more tomato sauce with some of my herbs on top with cheddar cheese baked in the oven for 25 minutes - was the first thing in days that tasted good to me.     My last carton of corn and green beans came out of the freezer to finish this meal.



7 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

Stuffed Green Peppers are a favorite around here. I've never made them with brown rice, but I plan to now.

Thank you for sharing.

Tabor said...

Haven't made stuffed peppers in a long time. Must do that.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor and Sandy, seems I have been bored with food - nothing seemed appealing - but this was tasty today. I use to make this years ago...

Sky said...

me, too, and haven't made it in 20 yrs!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, they were so good. Added a few of my herbs to the sauce.
Have a good day...

mel said...

Looks divine! Any suggestions about what I could substitute for the meat, as a vegetarian?

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

mel, I think if you cooked your rice and made an addition of some celery, onions, mushrooms, even a little chopped carrot with your tomato sauce these would be tasty
and then top with tomato sauce.
Add herbs you like. You really could add any chopped veggie you like - even zuchinni. Thanks for visiting :)