Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Water The Flowers Not The Weeds

As I turned on the computer this morning
before I turn it back off.....
I read something I needed to read.
I confess - that at times it is difficult
concentrating on the positive.

If your out watering your flower garden by hand, you usually concentrate the flow of water
to benefit your beautiful flowers.   If there is an area of weeds, you don't waste water on them.
As best you can, you avoid watering the weeds.
It's the same with your consciousness.  You can learn to selectively water positive seeds and
flowers in you by attending to these.

There are enough weeds.
You do not have to encourage them.

~~~Thomas Bien~~~   Trycycle Wisdom Collection

11 comments:

Marion said...

"A weed is but an unloved flower." ~Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Pienosole said...

Very, very true and a good reminder. Thank you :-).

Balisha said...

So true...it even applies to blogs that we read. Some are full of misery and do nothing but bring our spirits down.Those to me are weeds.
Coming here each day...does wonders for my spirit.We need more positives in our lives these days.
Thanks for being here to share.
Balisha

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great words! There is so much negativity all around and it can easily bring us to a place we would rather not be. Positive posts, words, pictures do much for our hearts and souls.

Thank you for this reminder to water the positive.

Have a lovely Easter.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Lonely Rivers said...

Such a lovely thought - and so important to take the time to see all of the "flowers" in one's life.

Sky said...

you found such an inspirational post to share. thanks!

lil red hen said...

Interesting ~ and true. I love reading your words each day.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, Sky, lR, FL, Balisha, Pienosole Marion - thank each of your for visiting me.
We have so much to be thankful for and think on these instead sometimes focusing on the other.

Beverly said...

the weeds thrive at my place.....the real ones, and the ones in my mind!!!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beverly, right their beside you :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte,
I forgot
Happy Birthday :)