Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Show Begins

The best seat in the house
at 3 o'clock.
Rocking chair on the terrace
camera in hand and
looking out over the small garden
the best show begins.
8 or more different birds that I can
identify  are flying in
and out of garden.  Love the
yellow finches - they remind me of canaries.
They all seemingly take turns at the
feeders, stroll among the flowers
and fly to near by trees.
Hummingbirds have returned and
I notice they looked kind of thin.
Bluebirds in both houses are flying
in and out....

I rode the lawn tractor deeper into
the woods on my paths and became
stuck in the mud - thankfully my helper
heard me calling his name as I made
my way back to cottage.  First time
I did not have cell phone in my pocket
and all I could keep thinking "I hope
I do not come across a poisonous snake"

So another day begins and hopefully
the rain that is predicted will arrive
as the earth is very dry and all that
has been planted needs moisture.

"A hundred flowers blossom in the spring
The moon shines in autumn
There is a fresh breeze in the summer
and there is snow in the winter.
If your mind isn't occupied with trivial matters
Every time is a good time"

~~The Priest Wumen~~



9 comments:

mel said...

Love that bluejay!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mel - I read some of your entries
we have much in common - so pleased you wrote me. Please visit again...

Sky said...

gorgeous! love the images and words.

Marion said...

A wonderful post. I hope you get your rain soon. I love all of your photos. I've been trying to snap some shots of Hummingbirds and Dragonflies. So far, I've got one green dragonfly. Blessings!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky and Marion, thank you for visiting...

MsGraysea said...

Love the show....sure glad your helper was not too far when you got stuck.
Hoping the rain came. We are having a serious drought with many brush fires.
We were out early evening and when we arrived home there was a beautiful male cardinal sitting in a low bush near the terrace. We have no foliage yet so he really stood out. We just sat and admired him for awhile until he flew off.
Thanks for sharing your beauty with us.

lil red hen said...

Such a pleasant view you've had today. I know it wasn't funny, but I had to chuckle about the lawn tractor being stuck.

the wild magnolia said...

A mindful post of return. Return to spring, return to observation, return to passion of life.

The seasons are welcome changes, even winter with it's less of everything.

I like discovering "The Priest Wumen" through your sharing.

Happy Everything. You remain in my thoughts and prayers dear friend.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Marsha, Sandra, and Charlotte,
thanks for visiting...