Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

New Visitors And Accepting Sjogrens

The garden changes daily.
A new kind of lettuce
seems to be surviving in
the hard, dry soil.

Last of health talk from One Woman
None of test revealed anything different
from 9 years ago.
Sjogrens progressing in some new ways
Unless some new medication comes along
cortisone's from time to time and I
do not like them but they sure make
you feel good for a while.....
Need to accept, count my blessings,
dig in the garden, walk with camera,
pray, meditate and smile.
I was promised 70 years and each
year after a gift.  So am fortunate
for these gift years...

Thanks to all that traveled along with me.

6 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

The flowers greeting is so full of spring...and the new lettuce does look hardy.

One up from the bottom, is that carnations? Next to magnolia's they are my favorite.

Hope all is well with your tests. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandra, at the moment do not know what that flower is. No more health talk - but thank you with my love :)

lil red hen said...

So glad you take the camera on your walks; the pictures are beautiful.

I guess some things we just have to live with, but I do hope you feel better.

Sky said...

the colors in these shots are so vibrant! we are eager to see more blooms here. we are only now getting tulips to open, and our daffodil blooms are still fresh! today's high was in the 50s which keeps blooms fresh and spring a bit in the distance. soon we will see azaleas open - i can see the beginning of buds at the end of branches. the lilacs are showing their buds now, too. spring is a bit pokey, but things are moving along.

Judy said...

Glad all tests were okay. I often think of the "gift years" and wonder if I am appreciating them as I should.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, Sky, Judy -- :)