Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sensation

Finding Sense in Sensation

Whether pleasant, unpleasant, or neutral, gross or subtle, every sensation shares the same characteristic: it arises and passes away, arises and passes away. It is this arising and passing that we have to experience through practice, not just accept because intellectually it seems logical enough to us. We must experience sensation’s nature, understand its flux, and learn not to react to it. (something I copied in the past and found among my papers)

A week of pleasant, unpleasant, health and not feeling the best.
A week of not rushing for phone or responding to the computer's calling.
It helps to turn them both off - found it difficult with the computer.
A week of searching, meditation, prayer and trying to just be.
A week of realizing there is much I do not understand, never will and just accept.
A week of tears, smiles, blessings and once again realizing that life is good and
I am exactly where I am suppose to be.

As I practiced yoga this morning and looked out my back glass door I could see the reflection of the front field, tree in front and shadows that was reflected from the glass front door.  What an unusual image.

Happiness, Health,  Safety, and Peaceful wishes
for me, my family and all who visit this space.








-

7 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Bless your heart! I hope and pray that you are soon feeling much better. Each day is a gift, may peace, love, harmony and good health flow through you.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

lil red hen said...

So sorry you're feeling a little down this week. I guess we just have to have days like this now and then. Get better soon ~ o.k.?

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

FL and Charlotte, thank you.
All is well and back to normal :)

Sky said...

ebb and flow...the way of life.

glad you posted. hope you will soon be back in your groove. drenching rains here almost beat our daffodils to the ground. we are so ready for a few days of continued sunshine! sending big hugs and many wishes that springtime will shower you with peaceful moments. soon the garden will be calling you again. :)
love from your NW friend.

Sky said...

by the way, the photo is remarkable and could win an award. you really outdid yourself with this creative perspective!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, thank you for the comment on my image. As I exercised and looked through the glass door this is the reflection from the field in front that I saw. I kept wondering could I capture it on camera. I did but - the view I saw with my eyes was unreal
beautiful.
Thank you always for your caring
comments. Love you....

Balisha said...

I came here to read my favorite early morning blog...hope you are OK and are just busy out in your garden. Have a good day today...hope you're feeling better.
Balisha