Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, February 24, 2012

Yesterday and Today

My oldest granddaughter Jessica has a birthday next week.
She was a beautiful baby, child and now young woman who is working in New York.

I can remember when she was very young and how she would talk to me.
So young and so wise - her mom always said she had an "old soul."
I often wondered what that meant
and now I know
because as a child I had an old soul and an old spirit
and now have an old soul and a young spirit...

Figure that one out !!!


I am posting this early as I am trying out a new posting system.
My old one no longer exists and I have been having difficulty
learning some new ways to post my writing and images.

Have redone 3 times and will see if this goes through
or if I should give up.

My Jamie tells me this is good for me
to stretch my mind.
I keep telling her I know longer want to stretch my mind...

12 comments:

Judy said...

Looks like you did a great job. I keep hearing about stretching my mind too--sometimes, I feel like it is stretched beyound its elasticity point!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, this post took 2 hours - felt like giving up. The other system was so easy and I could do it blindfolded :) The computer problem this week - really made me sad...

lil red hen said...

So glad you succeeded, because otherwise I would have missed you terribly. Lovely pictures you've posted and aren't we all so happy to see our grandchildren do well.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, thank you
it has not been an easy week :(
Thank you for saying you would miss me.

Tabor said...

Please explain to your daughter that while we love learning and new experiences...our minds are NOT as flexible as they used to be and we really cannot stretch them as she can.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, I probably have 10 years on you and have only felt like this for a couple of years. Now you can stretch and learn:)
I told her and I do not think she understands - my children have always been accustomed to me doing anything I set my mind to. I mind is not set on this.

Balisha said...

Hi,
Sometimes I think that my mind is stretched to the limits :) People don't realize how much of our minds we use just keeping up our blogs. Not crazy about your word verification. It has changed...like so many others. Mine is shut off and I have had no problems. Any spam can be deleted before I publish comments.
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, thank you for visiting.
I did not realize that something was different in the verification.
Will check it out.
Thank you. Did you get much snow.

Sky said...

you did it! looks great. and jamie is right. it is frustrating, and i share some of that frustration here in my own chair, but we would get left behind if we did not keep plugging along and dealing with all the new ways of doing things. i am not going to be left behind and you are not either!!

you and your granddaughter are beautiful...truly beautiful. thanks for sharing the pics.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

My Sky, thank you for your sweet note. It is taking me longer and have some questions to ask Jamie when she visits next week :) but I did it.
The picture of Jess and I was taken at her college graduation
3 years ago.
My Jess and her old grandma...

Jparks said...

Grandma! This was such a special post :) I feel incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful grandmother and family. Thank you for this - it's made my birthday! Love you.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

My Jess, your first comment on grandma,s journal :)