Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, December 12, 2011

Notes On My Desk

I am always copying special words
and putting on my desk by computer.

Glance  at them on and off through the day

This morning I see.....

Breathing in I am aware of my heart
Breathing out I smile to my heart....

I have to eat, drink and work in a way
that preserves my health and well being....

Facing something unknown in the future
I copied this

It is OK to feel what I am feeling
and in this moment I am perfectly safe
I am living in the moment
this precious moment....
(Dear Laura, thank you for these words)

Blessed are the merciful
for they will be shown mercy          Mathew 5:7

Let us be silent, that we may hear
the whispers of the gods  -  Ralph Waldo Emerson

If one's life is simple, contentment has to come.  Simplicity is
extremely important for happiness.  Having few desires,
feeling satisfied with what you have, is very vital - satisfaciton
with just enough food, clothing, and shelter to protect
yourself.  Finally, there is an intense delight in
abandoning faulty states of mind and in cultivating
helpful ones in meditation.      The Dalai Lama

A new book has arrived and sits on my desk
 "Van Gogh The Life"
on a rainy day I will begin to read.

8 comments:

Cocktail Party said...

beautiful words...

Laura said...

What an honor to be have my words placed near the words of such esteemed beings!!! Take them all in and hold them close to your heart dear one!

Judy said...

I love the one about living in the moment. I need to do that more instead of worrying about the future. At this moment, I am feeling well, I am content, I am alive.

the wild magnolia said...

Timely day to day appropriate gathering of meaningful words. I love Laura, her writing is powerful.

Thank you, for putting healing encouraging words to kick off my day.

((hugs))

the wild magnolia said...

P.S.: Van Gogh.....excellent biography.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Laura, Judy, Sandy and CP, thank you for visiting and your comments.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Best wishes and blessings to you.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Ellen, thank you - have a good day.