Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Waiting

Called doctor's office
just before closing time
yesterday
to see if results from test
had arrived.
Was told -yes - but not time
to review them.
So, I choose to think
"no news is good news"

This early morning the original me
has resurfaced.

Cat scan on Monday morning
my Jamie will keep me company
while I drink some awful drink.
Then heading home and I bet
Miss Callie will be sitting in the
drive waiting for me.

A drive through the country yesterday.
Next week will return with camera.
Saw a number of old buildings
I want to take images of.
One an old carriage house....

"In our everyday encounters, can we put our egos aside, our need to be brutally honest, and dwell for a few minutes in the mind and heart of the receiver to discern the impact our message might have.  Let us seek a kinder version of truth telling.  Let us search our hearts to find the most considerate way to speak our truth.  Let us balance honesty with compassion"

In part from Jan  this early morning   jan@buddhachick...beadsofwisdom

19 comments:

Sky said...

thinking about you. sending love. glad jamie is going with you.

i really appreciate the quotation. i need to do more of that. sometimes i am too harsh, i think.

Marcie said...

Sending love and good energy!

Tabor said...

It seems at this time in our life every tweak or change or test is more important than ever. We try not to dwell on that fact, but it is hard, isn't it?

Beverly said...

sending good thoughts for good news....

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, Aisling, Beverly, thank you.
Tabor, I really try and think of myself as being strong but then
wonder at times like this. It is a control issue. I want to know what is going on and if someone has information to give it to me :)

sally said...

I will be thinking of you on Monday, and hoping it will not be a difficult procedure for you. There are times in life that require us to be pulled away from what we want to do, to what we need to do, and I hope this is just a minor diversion for you.
Sally
http://sallysramble.blogspot.com/

the wild magnolia said...

First, love the new header.

Second, you are in my thoughts, and prayers.

Wishing you a peaceful weekend.

((hugs))

Balisha said...

I'll be thinking of you on Monday morning. Sending prayers for your health issues.Have a peaceful weekend.
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sally and Sandy thank you.
Balisha, I appreciate this :)

Judy said...

I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning. I also want to know ALL that the test and report results are--just give it to me straight and I can handle it!!! Hope all is well and the physical condition is just a need to rest and relax a bit--you have been working awfully hard!

Sharon said...

It was so good to get a comment from you. I know you have a lot going on. I am thinking of you and wish you safe passage for this currrent bump in the road ~

May you be healthy and strong ~

Anonymous said...

Ernestine, I send you love and support. I deeply appreciate the quote. It is very timely for me. Take good care of yourself.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, Sharon and Ellen, thank you so much for sending me your thoughts.

Elsa Louise said...

My thoughts are with you.

Unknown said...

Another thing we have in common - I've had a number of cat scans over the years and what I have found is - that stuff you have to drink before the test doesn't taste so bad now.

I recently had a test and had a choice of flavors, vanilla, mocha, or cherry. I chose mocha and it wasn't half bad.

Hope you had that choice too.

That waiting is a killer. Hope you hear some good news soon.

kerrdelune said...

Holding you in my thoughts and sending healing energies your way. May all be well...

MsGraysea said...

Thinking about you and wishing you will hear good news and have peace of mind, once more!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Elsie and Millie - thank you
heard from 1/2 the test :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Cate and Marcia - thank you...