Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Must Before The Rain and Acorn Squash

Today and tomorrow almost like Spring.
Soybean field is being cut.
This is good since rain is coming in Thursday.
Love the way the field looks when it is
freshly cut.
In the morning I will walk in the field before
plowing or no till preparation for Spring.
A simple pleasure that I enjoy.

Past years my children would find arrow heads
in the clean fields.
Such excitement on their face as they ran to
to show me their treasures.  My son still
has a bag of arrow heads among his
belongings here at the cottage.

I am trying a new recipe
the aroma is wonderful.
Acorn squash, onion, sausage
and covered with breadcrumbs.
Will let you know how it turns out
and more about it...

7 comments:

Tabor said...

I just bought an acorn squash and have a recipe for roasting it that I found in a magazine. Will probably try that in a few days.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, I make butternut squash soup. It is wonderful... I think when I use acorn squash again I will stuff it with rice and maybe mushrooms. Might do this for Thanksgiving.

the wild magnolia said...

The fresh mown fields looking welcoming for a morning walk. Thank you for sharing.

mermaid said...

Lovely field and the soup sounds divine.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Kaveri and Sandy, thank you for visiting me this early morning :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures. Memories. And I can practically smell the squash!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Ellen, thank you :)