Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Who Found Who

I wonder
35 years ago
did I find you
or did you find me?

Two years ago
 moved back to this property
to carve a plot in these
 overgrown woods
No plans of  much clearing
just thick woods almost
outside her door.
But One Woman likes
to create and a vision
came to mind.
Anyone that knows her
well is aware nature is her calling/
First some woods in back
of cottage was cleared.
This Spring some land
next to drive approaching
cottage.
Now
the far side has been finished.
Remains of what was cleared
for a dwelling were
huge piles of brush and tree tops
This now a beautiful site for the eyes.
Huge hole dug and all debri pushed in
and then burned.  Before workers
left yesterday all the dirt was filled
in the hole.
Also made a wide path where
truck can be driven.
Who else would be so excited
over the wonderful dirt that
continues to be uncovered.
So rich and it can hardly be
imagined the hundreds of years
of layer after layer of leaves
forming rich earth.
Could anyone have loved it
 like this one.
I have heard rumors of Indians
once camped in these woods.
I know it served them well.
Handwork continues
many limbs and small branches
need to be picked up
so mower runs smoothly.
But there is no hurry...
Soon the bare earth will
be covered with leaves.
Wonder  what plants,
birds and animals will
emerge through the seasons
Can view them through
the window
or if I am outside.

Sometimes the thought will surface
"am I in Heaven?"

A huge bees nest was discovered so
so glad it was found.
Put small red flags around it
as a warning...           

8 comments:

Tabor said...

Yes, you are in heaven, but you seem to be that kind of person that needs to re-decorate. Smiling here at your energies and peace.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor - you know me well. But then you have been reading my rambling since I started sharing :)
All I wrote happened yesterday.
Today I can hardly move. But yes the peace is there...

the wild magnolia said...

Part of you lives in the woodlands, the soil, the dropped leaves, the wind that turns the leaves upside down, the bark on trees, the little and big animals skittering in and out of the trees....it's all good; it is part of your heaven.

Splendid post.

Blessing dear One Woman.

Sky said...

it is looking very good! glad you marked the bees' home. hubby accidentally got into the yellow jackets' personal space about 6 weeks ago and ended up in the ER!

i am so glad you are back in the wooded area you love. :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandra and Sky, thanks for reading my rambling.
Kind of weary this day....
Your friendship is special.
Great weather conintinues
Think we need a shower :)

Judy said...

Yes--you are in Paradise!!! Your pictures prove that to me.

Ellen said...

What a delight this post is to read. I was right there with you, clearing the woods. I look forward to doing just exactly what you are doing on my new parcel of land!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Ellen, thank you for visiting..