Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Poison Ivy

I should know better
do know better
walking in the woods daily
picking up twigs and small limbs
wearing no gloves.
Every day as I do this
my mind is telling me
put on gloves.
So
after my daughter left for home
I discovered the rash.
Poison Ivy
I really have taken all the cortisone
I need to for a long time.
But since the rash is spreading
rapidly I am on the dreaded
medication.
Sometimes I have to also get a shot.
This is nothing new to me
for years this occurs once or twice
a year.
Today there were errands and
special appointments.
In the morning when I return to
the woods - I will have my favorite
old clothes on and gloves....
Fall is around the corner and I  have
neglected a lot.
A  long to do list.
Besides preparing for winter
outside there much I need  to do
for me - or do I?
Service vehicles, heat and air unit,
Callie, rabbi's shot and nails cut.
Hearing test, eyes check up, physical - these
have not been done in a while as
I have been too busy building houses,
moving, planning
gardens and cleaning the woods.
Flu shot, skin doctor and a lot more
on this list.
I wonder at this time of my life
as the 70,s quickly roll on
if this is simplification.
Maybe I should forget it all.
Put a gate at the end of the road
and rarely leave.
Thought that was what I was doing
but after reading this
changes still need to be made....

4 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

It is difficult to roll up the roads and stay at home, I think of it often too. And, here we are preparing to gypsy the highways and byways. Though upon thinking, we hibernate when we please.

Sending poison ivy, go aways and feel betters, your way.

Sending ((hugs)) and wishing peace to find you at every turn.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry you are having to deal with poison ivy. I do hope you are feeling much better SOON.

We try to live quietly here on our 1/4 acre just off a 5 lane busy road.

Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

mermaid said...

The itching can be intense, but it's the sting of self-judgments that really burn.

May you know that you are doing the best that you can, and that you are deeply loved.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandra and FlowerLady, thanks for visiting.
Kaveri, thank you and love you :)