Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, September 9, 2011

Beautiful Day

A beautiful day
the sun is shining
for the first time in days
Oldest of clothes
grooming the garden
the air is so fresh and clean.
My kind of day.
The crepe myrtle by my
mailbox looks happy.
Will walk in the woods
after lunch.
Too muddy to drive tractor.
This day
may we all
be
Happy, Well, Safe and at Peace.....

7 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Love your photos and your day sounds like it was perfect to me.

FlowerLady

Tabor said...

What a pleasure you must find in just getting the mail!

sallysmom said...

Just beautiful

Beverly said...

It is a beautiful day!

the wild magnolia said...

Gorgeous Crepe Myrtle, it doe look peaceful. Your day is placed and you have a destination, therefore you shall arrive.

May the goodness of life overtake you.....

Folkways Note Book said...

Beautiful, serene, peaceful words. Nice. -- barbara

Sharon said...

What a lovely scene! My mother has a crepe myrtle in her yard and I would transplant a piece of it if I lived closer.