Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, August 12, 2011

Morning Not Planned

Yesterday was a busy day with errands.   It had been 10 days and I am striving for 2 weeks.
Past a barn filled with tobacco, smoke coming out of it - I love the smell and a vision of Fall on the way.
This morning I planned on putting wash on line
which I find so much pleasure doing and  one of the advantages of living in the country
far from anyone.
This done
thoughts I will take it easy this cool morning,
Be like the monks in old China centuries ago
I will sit, drink tea, enjoy nature and meditate.
Then the thought I will walk the paths in the woods
and picked up a rake and a blower.   So it was quite
a workout.
Next looking at my small dying garden - I began to clean
and then thought I will water and plant the turnip green seeds that are left over from last year.
Maybe if I water daily they will grow.
I want greens when my daughter from Tampa arrives next month.
The little girls have 9 small watermelons and there is a green pepper plant, cucumber, several tomato plants that are surviving and there is  one cantaloupe that I need to pick.
So I am inside posting and then breakfast
it is early and have done a days work.....

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Now you can enjoy the rest of the morning. Sometimes I relax better when I have finished what's on my mind first.

MsGraysea said...

I just loved this little morning with you....it does feel a bit like Fall is in the air, doesn't it?
Sheets are on the line for us, too, and tomorrow I am going to put some of that ancient Chinese wisdom to use and sit with my tea and meditate. It is time.
Hope to see a picture of one of those watermelon cut and ready to eat. Curious....
Thank you as always for your quiet wisdom!

the wild magnolia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy said...

You have most of your work done by the time I am getting out of bed!

the wild magnolia said...

Ok, now, I would have thought the barn was on fire. I would have called the fire department.

You have surely been busy. There are a few things still hanging on. I hope the watermelons are able to be harvested. I'm betting at least one of your grands will garden.

Go turnips.

I am somehow enamored with the old monks...walking, the peace of it, the simplicity, and I now think...the separation of it. "Far from the maddening crowd."

Fun visit. Thank you for sharing. Have a great weekend.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sharon, Marcia,Judy and Sandra, thanks for visiting. Nice and cool this morning...

Balisha said...

I'll do the same thing...deciding to take it easy and then seeing just one thing to do and it leads to another and another and before you know it... the morning is gone.Maybe I need more disipline :)
Have a wonderful weekend...Balisha

Beverly said...

Now, I would have called 911 at the tobacco barn!!! The firemen would have been rolling their eyes at me!!! Or worse!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, we have much in common.
Beverly, time for the barns to smoke. Makes it seem like Fall.
Love the smell...