Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Good Day

Hopefully the rain has stopped
so I can begin to cut grass tomorrow
A rain forest surrounds Woodhaven
The day lilies continue to thrill me
each one a gift that was brought
from the city cottage
A plate picked up from my special friend
of authentic Mexican cooking
and a piece of strawberry pie
piled high with whipped cream
A good day
The Universe continues to bestow
blessings on this One Woman...

3 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

Yes, a good day. I could go for some authentic Mexican food too, and strawberry pie and whipped cream!

Beautiful day lily!

I made meatloaf, rice and green beans. It was yummy.

Wishing you a fabulous week!

Ellen said...

What a delight to come to your blog. Thank you for your comment on Elderwomenmusings. I have read a number of your posts and so identify with your sentiments. I admire your style, much more brief and breezy than mine. I love your photos. You appear to be as much in love with flowers as am I. Just last evening I took a picture of a daylily that is very similar to the shot you have in this post. I love the blue swing you painted. I look forward to reading more of your posts. I also appreciate your sharing your experience with a dry mouth. I woke up one morning a couple of years ago with a mouth that felt like someone had sucked it dry. That's how I wake up each morning. Blessings to you.

MsGraysea said...

What a beautiful lily...the color is so deep.
I cannot think of one way to make your day more perfect yesterday. Mexican food, strawberry pie, Wood Haven and the garden. Fantastic, and I hope you enjoyed every second.