Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, June 17, 2011

Dill

The dill in my garden is doing really well.
Love it on fish and eggs
also when I make tuna and egg salad

I find the scent pleasing, reminds me of dill pickles.
This  takes the place of pickles with my tuna and egg salad
With a dry mouth condition I cannot tolerate vinegar

Doing some research I found out Dill is a good source
of calcium - good for my teeth and bones.
Helps digestion problems
and  a good source of magnesium and iron.

Since I could benefit from all this - I will be adding
Dill to my food  as often as possible and  every Spring
it will be planted in my garden.

I even had a few volunteer plants this year....

5 comments:

MsGraysea said...

That's the healthiest looking dill, I've seen....and thank you for the nutritional info. I had not realized that. Looks like many would benefit by having more. I do adore the taste, and it bring back wonderful memories of the very large bowls of pickles in the making on my Mum's kitchen counter. The pickles would always be covered with a nice layer of fresh dill. The scent was heavenly. I've always used it with potato salad, too, and, of course, it is perfect on salmon.

Beverly said...

I want to know how those veggies were yesterday?

Balisha said...

Hi Ernestine...I love the scent and taste of dill. I use it a lot..in my potato salad, deviled eggs, dilly bread, potato soup...oh so many things. Our family always looks for dill dip for fresh vegetables, when they are here.Enjoy using it. Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Marcia, Beverly and Balisha -
thanks for visiting.
Beverly - they were --good-- :)

the wild magnolia said...

Dill reminds me of the wind, I cannot know why, the taste pleases me.

Thank you for sharing.