Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, May 5, 2011

This Morning I Noticed


A busy and sunny day in store
Was not going to write
As I made my bed I noticed what was on
my nightstand
Candles and a bottle of lotion
from my daughter's
A special book from my son
A bamboo plant
A small clock purchased on
St Thomas Island 45 years ago
My bible
A 50 year old lamp and the phone
Underneath on a shelf is a basket
filled with cards and notes
sent throughout many months
My old favorite chair
holds a pillow that was a gift
from a dear deceased friend
The lady is trimming a flowering vine
A silk pillow sent to me by my son
from Thailand
The afghan made by a special lady
Loving and special memories
Surround me...

9 comments:

Judy said...

A lovely cozy and restful room.

Beverly said...

peaceful looking room....

Laura said...

I feel comforted reading about your special things. My nightstand and area beneath it is much the same....with my special things.

xo

the wild magnolia said...

Your special comfort treasures sound much like mine. It is a life process, the gathering our comforts.

Thank you for sharing.

Blessings.

Sky said...

the afghan is beautiful. it seems that no matter in which direction you look, love returns your glance. hope you have a wonderful mother's day.

$ said...

It's so rare that we stop to see the beauty in our immediate surroundings. The love in that little corner is amazing.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I love this post and I didn't realize that your little clock was from St. Thomas! It's wonderful to notice and appreciate all the special things surrounding us. :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, Beverly, LauraX, Sandra, Sky and Shakti, thank you for visiting.
My Jamie, yes that is where the little clock came from.

Marcie said...

That looks like a beautiful place to think, and read, pray and meditate. I can picture you there so easily!