Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Early Morning Thought

My poison ivy is still bothering me tremendously. Did not get a shot this time - was hoping just the pills would take care of it. Do not like taking medication of this kind. Never feel quite normal when on it and am very well aware that it is not good for your bones. Will make a decision this morning of what to do.

A cool and rainy morning. At daybreak will be able to see if the pipe put under deck helps with the drainage of water in that area.

There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...
not starting and not going all the way ~Buddha~

5 comments:

Balisha said...

I hope you get some relief soon. I've never had poison ivy, but I know how awful it can be. I hope the pipe helps with your water situation.Do you have a basement?
Balisha

Sky said...

so sorry to hear about the discomfort. pick up some sarna lotion at the drugstore. fabulous stuff that we are never without. it even helped me when i had shingles long ago. in fact, that is how i know about it. get the original formula, even though it smells a bit like coppertone suntan lotion to me - the other one which is without fragrance is not as effective. i even keep a small vial with me in my purse!

the wild magnolia said...

Loving the Buddha quote!

Hope the recommended lotion helps. Sounds good to me.

Hope you are healed soon.

Laura said...

I hope you are feeling better now...I'm sorry I've not been by to visit in so long. The Buddha quote you have shared wonderful, thank you for that.
xo

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, no basement at this small cottage. Sky,thank you, Sandra thanks for visiting.
Laura, anytime you are welcome - you are continually in my prayers.
Bad night with poison ivy - hope it goes away soon.