Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, January 24, 2011

Dreaming

Snow melting in fields
I smile

No new snow
as predicted

Temperture will rise
Upper 40's

Thinking of Spring

As 4 dozen orange cookies
cool on the rack


Spring In The Garden

After a night of rain
I go out, wearing clogs

Wrapped in an old overcoat
against the spring cold

water pours white
through the open dikes

peach blossoms glow red
beyond the willows

fields of new grass spread away
edged and checkered

poles rise from the wells
at the wood's edge

I go back in
to write at my small desk

evening arrives, I'm alone
happy among green weeds

~~Poem sent to me - from my son - December 2002~~

10 comments:

Laura said...

a lovely poem. Funny how I longed for the snow, and now the spring is what is calling to me...but still, I am delighted with the magical crystals sparkling outside my window...BOTH/AND.

teri said...

Your sons beautiful words- I called to mind the many times have I dashed out in PJ"S and clogs to get the trash out "just in time". I never took time to write about it. Thanks for sharing.

Tabor said...

Spring is coming. The birds are acting differently.

Balisha said...

Is Spring fever going around??
Balisha

the wild magnolia said...

Orange cookies, I'm so excited, yum-yum!

You with your snow, and I with none, both dreaming of spring.

"Spring in the Garden" is a lovely poem, your son is poet too!

Wishing for you a week filled with good things!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

LauraX, -teri, Tabor, Balisha and WM - I smile...

mermaid said...

Seems to be you passed on some of your writing wisdom to your son. Both poems are beautifully spoken from the heart.

Sharon said...

Thank you for this glimpse of spring on a very cold day in the snow-covered woods of Maine. I am lucky to be able to enjoy the snow from inside, and I am so grateful when the sun shines.

Beverly said...

It is "staying light" longer....spring will come, I know it will!!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mermaid, Sharon and Beverly - thank you for visiting.