Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Company Bran Muffins

The muffins were made early this morning
a never fail and healthy recipe.

1/2 the recipe I make

They have been mixed up in my kitchen for over 25 years
So good and healthy
Some were made regular size
Some were mini muffins

Which she ate 5

Next time will make all large size - thought I would eat fewer when small - not the case

This post was posted over a year ago so instead of rewriting because I baked this morning
will just reenter recipe.....  
The reason for old comments :)

1 cup flour
1 cup oat bran
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1 @1/2 cup shredded carrots
2 large tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 375

Combine flour, sugar, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl - stir in carrots, apples, raisins and nuts

Make a well in the center - add oil, milk, beaten eggs and vanilla

Stir until just moistened

Use 1/4 cup measure to scoop muffin batter into greased tins or paper liner for large muffin

1/2 that batter for mini muffin

Bake 18 - 20 minutes or until nicely browned

Makes about 18 regular muffins - or 36 mini muffins

16 comments:

teri said...

These sound absolutely fabulous- I wish I lived right near by because I would help you eat them. Pretty photo too!

Tabor said...

Yum. Sounds very healthy...eat away.

Laura said...

yum!

the wild magnolia said...

Yum,yum, your muffins look so good.

Wishing you a blessed day, warm and cozy, and things to do that make you smile!

Blessings!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

-teri, Tabor, LauraX and WM -
thanks for visiting. A long day in the big city..

Judy said...

These sound so good--I am sad that I am such a lazy cook or I would make them. Hey--want my snail mail address and you could mail me some? LOL

Lonely Rivers said...

Myh grandmother made bran muffins and I have tried to replicate them but they never taste like hers. I think I'll try your recipe. Thanks!

the wild magnolia said...

Wishing you a delight filled journey this day, dear heart.

Blessings.

shannon said...

How was your day in the big "City" ? Good I hope!
Muffins look yummmy!

tattytiara said...

Mmm - those sound filling!

Sky said...

yummmmmmmmm!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, WM, LR,Shannon, tatty, and Sky, thank you for visiting the snowy morning.

Sharon said...

These made me hungry! I made peanutbutter muffins earlier this week, they're my favorite, and in one day I ate five. Winter is for muffins.

Hill Top Post said...

Your bran muffins are wonderful and now a favorite at our house. Wish I could drop by to sample one or two!

MsGraysea said...

These muffins are so good. I made a batch last night and have frozen most of them to be enjoyed by company I will have soon! Thank you for the wonderful recipe.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Marcia, thank you...