Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lucy


Is there someone in your life that always has a smile on her face and whenever you see them
they make you feel good?

Lucy has the most uplifting affect on this One Woman. I truly love her.

She is a former neighbor of mine and also at one time owned a small shop in our town. She gathered some of the most unique items from estate sales for her shop. I have a number of items in this cottage that came from Lucy. She is very gifted and everything she does looks special.

This morning there was a sale and I bought this heavy stone stepping stone from her and have placed it among my flowers.

Lucy has the most beautiful yard partially surrounded by an old iron fence. Her garden changes dramatically with the seasons and I have never stopped to visit that I did not leave with a cutting of a plant.

Guess what???? She shared that in her small yard she is putting in a swimming pool and for me to come by and dig up any plants I want - Oh my - in the morning at dawn I am headed for her garden.

I was in town very early this morning - like 6:30 AM. I took my neighbor to the hospital for an out patient procedure. About 4 hours to fill my time before picking her back up. First, I had breakfast at a new place across from our courthouse. French toast that was made a little different from mine. Orange juice was included in the batter and it was sprinkled with powdered sugar and sliced strawberries. A true treat before I headed for several grocery stores.

Time to make the pickup at hospital and headed home to Miss Callie.

One more dry and very hot afternoon. I will be inside most of the day.
Lucy, thank you for making my day special :)

9 comments:

Sky said...

omg, i want some of that french toast!

lucky you getting an early start on lucy's garden!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, the morning turned out to be special - before the heat of the afternoon :) thanks for visiting..come again.

Balisha said...

What treasures...Lucy and the stepping stone.
I'm with Sky....that french toast sounds yummy!
Balisha

Anonymous said...

It is very hot and dry here, too. They are saying we might get some rain on Saturday. I love your stone and you are so lucky to get some flowers from her garden. Yes, I had someone like Lucy in my life but I lost her last November to cancer. So, treasure every minute you spend with your friend. French toast sounds good. I will have to make some for breakfast soon.

Beverly said...

I love the stepping stone....now you will smile in your heart when you see it...

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, and Balisha, thank you for visiting me. Beverly now that you are "retired" you will have to visit Nashville.

Sharon said...

I love the idea of Lucy's shop, and you've obviously made some real finds there. A friend of mine moved to Boston and shared some plants from her yard before she left ~ they are special reminders of her friendship.

Marcie said...

Thank you for introducing us to Lucy through your post. There are so many good souls in this world. I'm glad you take the time to appreciate them. That is a good example for all of us.

:)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sharon and Aisling - thanks for visiting. Yes, Lucy is special.
When I think of her "I smile".