Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Advantage

One of the advantages of living in the woods is you can dance with reckless abandonment when the 15 minute RAIN falls.

The screen doors were open, fans whirling and it began to rain and the radio was on low. The Old Time Rock and Roll started playing and she turned it up full blast - I mean really really loud.

She dances this way with her little granddaughter's. They dance until they almost fall in the floor.

What a way to begin Saturday.....with a smile on your face.

May your day be filled with Happiness, Health, Safety and Peace

8 comments:

Tabor said...

Yes! Yes! One of the very best reasons is that you can stay in touch with your real self without any distractions or concerns for the "others."

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, it is wonderful when you can have those times of total freedom. With neighbors or around other people this would not happen.
It always does with my grandchildren. We sing and we dance and it is total freedom. Use to have those moments with my husband...

Jessi Cotterill said...

Oh good!! It's raining here too. Maybe I can dance with my dogs. Love to Ms.Callie

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jess, this rain needed. Everything drying up. I will eat quickly and plant my bushes.
How many dogs do you have? I want to make a home for one more. An older dog to bark at those arriving and company for Miss Callie:)

Darlene said...

I really wish I were able to dance now. I am doing good to walk. Enjoy your dancing while you can.

We had a good rain last night,too. It was so welcome after weeks of high humidity and no rain in our part of town.

Beverly said...

I love to den dance, as I call it....now Lily looks at me and semi rolls her eyes. I ask if she thinks I look silly, she nods yes. I tell her, no, I am just having fun!

You rock Ernestine!

Sky said...

pure joy - nothing better than uninhibited joy.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene, Beverly and Sky, oh yes - the dance session was wonderful. Then I gardened and by noon and the rest of the day I could hardly move. Not dancing this morning!!!!
Beverly, my little girls think it is fun - I know that is about to change..