Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Today


Now is the time to free the heart,
Let all intentions and worries stop,
Free the joy inside the self,
Awaken to the wonder of your life

Open your eye and see the friends
Whose hearts recognize your face as kin,
Those whose kindness watchful and near,
Encourages you to live everything here.

See the gifts the years have given,
Things your efforts could never earn,
The health to enjoy who you want to be
And the mind to mirror mystery.

"Bless the Space Between Us"
John O'Donohue

How do you put into words the deep thankfulness that overflows from your heart.
I cannot in my words convey this to you.

So much has happened over the last month that I wish I could share with my words. But the words just will not come. At the moment a letter received from my son that he arrived safely this early morning in Bangkok.

Other month issues that I may share more about - as time goes by. May was an unreal month of being busy, problems, health issues, blessings and many things I am not sharing. But here is a little.

Family visits, stove problem, heat and air system problem, rain, rain and more rain, continual trips to the big city, tick bite, family business of 45 years closed, my son's home sold in two weeks, big time computer problems - SOLVED -.

Most important - my city home sold two weeks ago.

At the moment all I know is "I have a thankful heart".

11 comments:

Marcie said...

I'm glad to read your update, Ernestine. I'm also glad, despite problems, you seem to be entering June on a good note, with your blessings in mind. Take care of yourself!

Cloudhands said...

Welcome back. I'm so glad to know you have the worry of the city house taken care of. May your joy increase and your worries fade away. I have yet to learn of any benefit from Ticks, I've had three little tiny ones so far this season.

Tabor said...

Goodness gracious...did you have time to breathe? I cannot begin to imagine the roller coaster ride that you have gone on. Looking forward to hearing the details on the events you wish to share.

Beverly said...

I am glad we got to hear from you, but, I worry about the things you are not ready to share. I understand...but, worry... I am so excited about the city house...YooHoo! Just know we are your friends, and want only the best for you...

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Aisling, Barbra, Beverly and Tabor - thanks for checking in.

Lonely Rivers said...

So good have you posting again. Your message was full of ups and downs, mysteries and more. So glad about your house sale...and the safe trip for your son. Good to fill the mind with gratitude and appreciation. I agree with CH -have never found a reason to be grateful for Tics. The rain can be so depressing..here in Seattle we just kind of put up with it(though I find reasons to really appreciate it!) and we know that some how some way the sun will always shine again.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ernestine, Glad to hear some of your problems were solved and your computer is fixed and your house sold. I know the house thing is a relief to you. Hope things continue to move upward. It is good to see you back online.

Balisha said...

Hi,
Nice to have you back. Selling the house must be such a relief. No more going to the city to take care of things.Also...glad your computer problems are over. They can be so frustrating at times. Take care and enjoy the weekend.
Balisha

Sky said...

It is so good to find you here. You have indeed been busy, and I am so glad to read that the computer problems have been resolved. What a thrill and relief to have sold your city home! I was concerned about you and Callie during your long absence and hope you will find June an easier and healthier month.

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

So glad to know you are well and thriving! I have missed you (though I have sort of missed myself in the blog world too!). Congrats on the home selling! This must be a huge relief to you. And hopefully the summer will ease any other issues that zap your energy or take your attention away from the good. I love your thankfulness and how you always see blessings all around. :-) xo

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

LR, Balisha, Judy, Sky, Jan and visitor from another land (please write so I can understand) - thank you for visiting.