Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday Morning

Orange cookies in the oven. I have enjoyed this recipe many times. It is from Nan at
http://lettersfromahillfarm.blogspot.com/. They are so simple to make, good with tea, and I put several in a bag when I am going to be out in car and running errands. May put some in a bag and put in the mailbox for the postman.

A blog that I am surely enjoying is http://sharonlovejoy.blogspot.com/ I have several of her books and was delighted to find that she had a blog.

As I read her sharing about her life, interests, gardens, writing, and residing in Maine and California - I cannot help thinking - it is my kind of life. Sometimes a part of me feels she is my twin.
I have not been near the ocean in years and somewhere deep inside I almost feel that is where One Woman belongs.

Sharon is writing for Lowes - look it up - today's "Barefoot in Paradise" will make you smile.

One Woman, wears shoes only when necessary!!! Will be pleased when I have a velvety lawn and go barefoot near the woods.

Another cloudy and cool day but I am thankful for finally having a good nights sleep. I always sleep because I stay busy - but for 3 nights no sleep and weird dreams. A problem that plagues me resurfaced a couple of weeks ago and I do not like to take medication. Almost to a fault --- but several times a year it is necessary and I have immediate good results.

I was disappointed to find that seeds I had saved from flowers - had not been dried properly.
In my hurrying back and forth between 2 homes it is a wonder that more then seeds were not done properly. I hope a lot of plants reseeded themselves in the city garden.

I have meat thawing (could make this without meat and do not eat meat often) and will make a taco salad for lunch. Usually chop greens, a layer of black beans, meat, salsa and a handful of chopped black olives, tomatoes and avocado. Some corn chips and fruit tea and my cookies should be nourishing enough.

Enough rambling - must get busy!!!!

11 comments:

Nan said...

I can't tell you how pleased I am that you enjoy the cookies so much! I don't make them often enough. I love Sharon's blog, too.

Sky said...

i want to make the orange cookies for hubby's staff. will the cookie dough be more like a batter or a true dough? i am wondering if you drop it by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet or if you slice it. recipe doesn't say.

thanks for the links. i want some brunswick stew, something no one in the pacific nw serves or knows anything about! but, you, dear southerner, will know about it. i miss it very much and have had a taste for it lately! if you make it and have a good recipe, do share! :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Nan, these cookies are so easy and not overly sweet. Sky, sent you an email - it is a batter and I drop by teaspoon full on cookie sheet.
No brunswick stew - I can remember. Unless it goes by another name. Have a great day.

Cloudhands said...

With your recommendation I couldn't help but zip over to Nan's site and prowl around until I found the recipe for the orange cookies. I look forward to giving then a try. Sure sound good.
Here's hoping to see the sun soon.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Barbra, these cookies are so good.
You drop by teaspon full on cookie sheet. I miss the sun. It is quite chilly - here.

Tabor said...

You must have sun by today although I think more rain is headed your way in a day or two. We get rain again on Sunday. I also must go look for the orange cookies recipe. I had purchased fresh dates weeks ago and they were lying (and drying) in fridge so today I bought a spice cake mix and chopped dates and pecans and mixed it all together and that is our dessert tonight along with our BBQ ribs. I am afraid that I eat meat often.

mermaid said...

I hope your health is doing OK, and that those seeds grow! The orange cookies sound delicious.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, the ribs sound wonderful. I have not had them in a while.
The cake also sounds tasty. I buy chopped dates and put them on my oats and cereal - along with walnuts and raisins.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mermaid, thank you for checking on me. Twice a year a colon problem crops up and the problem usually gives me a bladder infection. Both I can live with. I try to do everything healthy and natural but sometimes it does not work. Then I need a DOCTOR and their medication. I have to remember God created the doctors and gave them wisdom.

Laura said...

I love that you're happiest without shoes! Maybe I will try the cookies soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog with your thoughtful comment about mothers.

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Hello dear and THANK YOU!! How sweet of you to mention me and YES, I saw it and posted a comment. I don't know what happened to the last one, so here I go again.

You can't know how much I love your postings. They give me peace and pause.

With love,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island (I have to make Nan's cookies!)