Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Returned


Banana bread in the oven at 6:00 am. Dawn reveals the snow that was not there last night. It is snowing very hard at the moment, another inch has accumulated

I am so pleased that errands were taken care of yesterday. Grocery and filled car with gas. I had thoughts of putting off until today - glad I made my weekly trip to town yesterday.

A new tape is playing - I love it. Chant - Music For The Soul by The Cistercian Monks Of Stift Heiligensreuz. It is so very peaceful.
"Much of today's world is too fast, too loud and all together bewildering. A monastery is a piece of paradise by comparison. Monks strive to live peacefully, content, somehow out of time".
copied from folder inside CD

6 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Beautiful! You got a lot more snow than we did. So pretty when it is fresh. :)

Deborah Carr said...

I'm so glad you've found some peace and contentment in your new cozy spot in the friendly forest.

mermaid said...

I'm glad you got your work done yesterday. Today you can cuddle up with a comfy blanket and just listen to divine music:)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

My Jamie, yes mom received more snow then you. Thought of you snowed in with 2 little ones!!
Deborah, oh yes - it has been a long time coming.
Mermaid, I have enjoyed the day.
Love this Chant cd.
All have a good night!!!

Cloudhands said...

We seem to be experiencing an endless winter. Today we got up to 2 inches and it is still snowing and blowing. May the chanting take you to places of peace and contentment.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Barbra, I have snow also and an icy drive - have errands all day tomorrow and hope the drive melts.
I am ready for Spring. Oh, this Chant cd is wonderful. Have a good rest of day :)