Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Brrrr Cold Morning and Bogs


The last time my special daughter from Michigan made a visit to Tennessee - she sported the neatest boots. She told me they were Bogs.

When I received October birthday money from my daughter in Florida - I ordered a pair.

This morning with a dusting of snow, 17 degree weather and colder since there was a blustery wind - I wore them for the first time to fill the bird feeders.
I love them.

Callie seems to like the utility room. If I let her sit by the door - she wanders in the house and I do not like that. We are still adjusting. I do know it is too cold for her to be outside.

7 comments:

Tabor said...

I guess the boots are on the counter so that she does not get tempted to eat them?

Sarah Lulu said...

Very nice boots, love the snow.

I wonder if the dog will win your heart over enough to come right in.

kenju said...

Oh, I do like your boots!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor - you are right on target. Do not want her to eat my boots!!
SaraLu, she has my heart - just do not want her wandering the house.
Want her where I want her!! Guess we both have a mind of our own.
Judy, they are so warm.

Hughes ap Williams said...

Your comment about Callie waiting for you in the field when you returned home gave me goose bumps...especially after your recent almost-run-in with the burglars. Those kind of people have no problem with hurting or kidnapping family dogs. When my brother lived near Chattanooga he had two dogs taken from their property at two different times.

Years ago I remember a local police officer saying that in fifteen years he had never investigated a burglary in a house that had a dog loose inside.

Once I commented to a friend that I was surprised to see that his parent's house had been burglarized when it was well-known that they had two well-behaved German Shepherds that had the run of the house. He said that his dad was embarrassed to admit that he had closed the dogs in the cellar when he went out...sooo...

Yeah, I too noticed the boots out of her reach..LOL!

Anonymous said...

Those boots look really neat. It was 6 degrees here this morning with a windchill of 3 below. Now that the holidays are over I am ready for spring and looking at gardening books. That is about all I can do right now with all the cold weather! Callie is such a pretty dog and has such a sweet expression on her face. Love the photos of your girls below.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

H/W - you would have to see how my home sits on this land for Callie to be sitting in front. We are still adjusting and she is inside with me most of the time. Just not comfortable leaving her loose in home when I go for a short time.
I am home 90% of the time. But thank you for the advice. Please keep visiting.
Judy, yes it is cold and I do not like it. Just made chili. But with winter that means Spring is on the way. Stay warm.