Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Computer In The Slow Lane

First thing this morning I turned on my computer and a continuation of waiting and waiting to be connected. Then when connected all information is very slow.

So - once again I called Technical Support at AT&T. Probably the 15th call since last Friday.

I was taken through step after step after step - for 3 hours.

3 hours sitting with my pj's on and no breakfast.

Finally the conclusion that my downloading speed is 50% of what it should be.

I am being issued a new air card. I will have to make a special trip to Nashville for this.

I have missed my computer and now that I have it in my home this is so frustrating. Also have been spoiled with the fast DSL access in the city. I was told that I would be pleased with this system and it was very similar. So far it is not.

Fast DSL is available a few miles down the road lol. Wonder how long it will take to arrive on my edge of the woods?

Almost had thoughts during this 3 hour siege of just giving up and not having a computer.

But it has become an important part of my life and I love sharing, downloading my images and the interaction with so many new online friends.

AT&T is calling is Monday morning to see if my computer speed is back to normal.

I truly hope so.

I must add that every individual that I talked to about this problem was so "nice" and "apologetic" but it still did not soothe One Woman's frustration.

I know I need to be more disciplined about computer use. I do not need to get out of bed and turn it on. I need to do my yoga, have breakfast and maybe a few more important task and then turn "the thing on".

Computer problem on One Woman's Journey

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Maybe I should be disciplined and do other things before turning the computer on, but I am not. After opening the house up I sit in my gown at the keyboard for hours before finally getting dressed. No one sees me so who cares?

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene, I need to be more like you. I am at the edge of the woods and not a soul around. I think it was sitting still for 3 hours and I wanted something to eat. I am still of the mindset that someone is going to be at the door. There is no one at my door!!
Plus it was taxing my mind with all the instructions the technician was passing on to me.

kenju said...

I get out of bed and after going to the restroom, I run down the hall to the office to see what the computer holds for me - and I stay there for hours if I have no where to go. I need to be more disciplined too - but I don't want to. My computer problems cannot be solved by AT&T; mine are internal - age and not enough memory. It is SO frustrating.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Kenju, thank you for describing be "except" for the AT&T problem.
I am on the way to pick up a new air card this morning and hopefully I will have better computer service. Have a great day and thank you for checking in.